Thanks to all of our die-hard winter food scraps dropper-offers, we have plenty of compost and survived the harsh winter. As always, thanks to the folks at the Sunnyside Community Garden for their kindness, smiles, and assistance in helping SunnyCompost maintain our efforts.
- BiG!Compost has expanded their hours at the Sunnyside Greenmarket to 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM every Saturday.
- Open Bin NYC takes place Saturday May 9, 2015. Join us in Queens as we check out the windrows under the Queensborough Bridge as part of International Compost Awareness Week.
- Join us on Sundays between 2 and 5 to drop off your food scraps or to volunteer. Signing up is easy: simply go to our website and sign up for a shift. They are listed as 2:00, 3:00, 4:00. If you sign up, we will be there to show you around. When you volunteer, you may:
As always, check us out at http://www.sunnycompost.org/home. See you in the garden!
- Chop up donated food scraps. We provide tools and gloves.
- Sift finished compost so it's ready to be used. We provide sifter and gloves.
- Turn compost piles. We provide compost pile, tools and gloves.
- Meet and greet our food scrap dropper-offers.
- Clean up/organize our space.
- Chalk our Tumblers with the date of the action. We provide chalk.
- Miscellaneous: Provide moral support to hard-working food scrap choppers. Grab a coffee or water from the deli. Smile.
- Become friends with BB (do you see him in the photo above?)
- Meet interesting people.