- Lots of new volunteers!
- A new leaf bin was built!
- Three big batches of compost were created!
- Open House and Pumpkin Smash was held!
- Workshop for PS 11 students was held!
- Workshop with Woodside Neighborhood Association was held!
- We donated finished compost to Sunnyside is Blooming and Re-Create Queens for planting events!
- We've had steady drop-offs of food scraps for over two years!
Grateful to all who help us - Sunnyside Community Garden members, Sunnyside Gardens Park, NYC Compost Project, BiG!Compost, NYC Department of Sanitation, Woodside Neighborhood Association, PS 11, and all of our dedicated volunteers.
For some Holiday Composting Tips, check out this cool article about nuts! Check out this article written for Thanksgiving but applicable to any holiday where you'll be cooking up a storm!
- Sunny Compost is open year round. Our drop-off hours are on Sundays from 2:00 - 5:00. (See attached flyer.)
- If the weather is rough or if we don't have any volunteers, you may place your food scraps in the black bin outside the gate. As always, please take your plastic bags or other non-compostables with you.
- BiG!Compost food scraps drop off at the Skillman Avenue Greenmarket is now open year round!
- Saturdays, 10am-1pm
Skillman Ave between 42 and 43 Street (http://www.bignyc.org/drop-sites)
- (The textile recycling collection, Wearable Collections, will not be year round. Last day at Sunnyside Market is 12/20.)
- We have finished compost if you need any. Makes for a unique gift!
- We welcome new volunteers. Our sign-up sheet is online.